There was so much to see and so much to do. It is a perfect place to get married. From the great places to eat, the activities to experience, to the beautiful backdrops for pictures.
I snapped a few pictures of the brides who caught my eye of elegance. This bride is just absolutely stunning. Her dress looks like it was made just for her. I also love the variation in her bridesmaids dresses. I am seeing this more and more; the mix and match bridesmaids dresses is becoming a very popular trend. This bride pulled it off flawlessly. Notice the white flowers. Just perfect! Everything blends and pops with such ease and elegance.
This bustle is called an French Bustle. Isn't beautiful? It works so perfectly with this dress.
Here is another picture of the French Bustle.
When I mentioned backdrops for pictures... just look at this one. I loved this brides shoes. They were silver, open toed, stilettos. She looked beautiful. Like Cinderella running to her ball.
Here are some recommendations if you plan to visit the great city of Chicago:
1. Benny's Chop House 5 out of 4 stars. Amazing food and service. A great location for an intimate rehearsal dinner. http://www.bennyschophouse.com/home.php
2. Cocktails at the 96th floor Signature Room in the John Hancock building. A local secret; the best view is in the women's washroom. https://www.signatureroom.com/
3. Enjoy a great Chai Latte at Caffe' Baci; across from Millennium Park. (Went there for breakfast and the food was just okay.) http://www.caffebaci.com/
1. The Seadog Architectural boat tour. 90 minutes of cruising the lake and river and learning about the history and architecture of downtown Chicago. http://www.seadogcruises.com/Chicago/home
2. The Field Museum. Experience the natural history museum. http://www.fieldmuseum.org/
3. Millennium Park. Visit the "peanut" or "bean" sculpture, dance in the faces fountain, relax by the "married with children" fountain, or people watch at the outdoor music festivals. http://www.millenniumpark.org/
There are so many to pick from. I picked the Fairmont Chicago and I was not disappointed. The rooms on the East side have a view of the lake and Navy Pier, which means fireworks at about 10:15pm. Super romantic! Try and get a room above the 21st floor; you might get a full view of the lake. I had a room on the 19th floor and we had a slightly obstructed view. http://www.fairmont.com/chicago