Saturday, August 7, 2010

Can you look like a million bucks without spending a million? My quest to answer this question!

In this blog I will share one of the best fashion, budget secrets ever...I think.  Can you look like a million bucks without having to spend it?  Here is my quest to answer this question.

In two weeks one of my very good girlfriends, Monica, is getting married.  Yay!  I am so happy for her.  However,  I have not had time to go shopping for "that" perfect dress and I can't re-wear a dress in my closet.   I want something new, fashionable and classy.  The wedding is outdoors, next to the beach, in classy La Jolla, CA so I defiantly have to go designer.  Oh..what shall I do?

With no time so spare I resorted to the online "store", Rent the Runway.  This company allows you to "shop" online for designer dresses to rent.

Here is my journey.  Once I arrived to site I started shopping.  I was so excited.  There were three dress that I L-O-V-E-D!  All are formal and fitting for my upcoming wedding. Here are pictures of them.  Aren't they perfect?  I thought so too.  I was excited to rent them however I ran into a problem.  I couldn't get all of them for the date that I needed.  So, through the process of elimination I choose the purple Greek Goddess dress.  What do you think?  




.

Once I placed my order I was given the option to ship the same dress in a different size.  That I love.  I picked my second size, added my address information and confirmed my order.  Shortly thereafter I received a confirmation that my dress will be delivered on time.  Wahoo!  I even had a question about the return policy and it was answered right away.  So far... I would say I am impressed.

I will continue to blog about my experience, the good, the bad, the ugly and the elegant.   In two weeks we will be able to clearly answer the question "Can you look like a million bucks without spending a million."  Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment